Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Applalachian Trail Ministry's "Game Plan"

The idea for this ministry was born one evening while sitting around a fire in the backyard of Shawn and Kristina's house in Waynesboro VA. I had been through a pretty rough past few years, and was searching for something. I wasn't sure just what I was searching for. I just knew that when I found it there would be no question on what it was and what I should be doing with it. Over the past few years I had been praying to God, and asking him to lay the path in front me that you want me to walk and I shall walk it dear Lord, and so he did. This path lead me to Shawn and Kristina, Amen! We all share a love for our Lord and his most beautiful creation's in nature. So we thought... we had all shared the want to do some type of missionary work at one time or another. This is when "The Appalachian Trail Ministry" was born. The following is what we will refer to as our "game plan". Over the next (15) months we will be hiking different sections of the Appalachian Trail as training for a May 1st, 2013 departure. Over this time we will be testing out and working on... different equipment(shoes,tents,sleeping bags,stoves,etc.), food supplies, weather conditioning, survival training, primitive shills training, edible plant training and much, much more! We are excited to be partnering with NAMB (North American Mission Board)for this project. Once we become recognized as a 501(c)(3) with the IRS, which will allow us to receive tax deductible donations for our ministry. This will allow us to try and reach out to as many of the estimated (4) million hikers that hike the AT every year. This is only the beginning of our journey down a long path, that we feel our lord has laid for us. We are excited to be doing the Lords work!! Please continue to visit our site as we will be updating it and our "game plan" on a weekly, if not a daily basis. May God Bless you and everything that you do! AMEN!! Following him, helping others!

No comments:

Post a Comment